View Single Post
Unread 03-10-2010, 02:17 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hi. Thanks for the work in bringing this UI to us.

I just wanted to give a warning for those using this updater with CCleaner in Windows XP that you should have it ignore files in "C:\Documents and Settings\"Accountname"\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\51" , or it will delete those files making the updater unusable (forcing the need to reinstall). I assume this may be the case for other similar cleaning programs that look into the sun java folder (in "Documents and Settings") as well.

Also, wanted to add that the registry cleaner in CCleaner may find extensions .idx and .lap (that the updater uses) as "Unused File Extensions". I'm not savvy enough to know if that would have an adverse effect on using the updater, but I assume you may want to keep your eye out for this and uncheck any entries in CCleaner (better yet have CCleaner ignore these entries). Again, I can't say anything about other registry managers, but you may want to keep it in mind if you use them with this updater.

In the case files get deleted, a simple reinstall of the updater should fixed the problem.

Last edited by Cybercoco : 03-10-2010 at 02:44 PM.