Thread: Screwed up.
View Single Post
Unread 03-04-2005, 03:15 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

I'm in agreement with Dolby. Looks more like a video card issue if you have deleted EQ2 all together and reinstalled etc...The only other thing I can say is when you created the eq2.ini file you said you saved it as Save As? That could be where the problem is as well. My recommendation would be to delete all Everquest 2 files go to add/remove programs and delete EQ2 then go to My Computers > Program Files > Sony and delete all the files from the Sony file then delete the Sony file and reinstall EQ2 from scratch...After you've banged your head a few times from frustration Select all the download options available to you and download them...Then if you want to add your UI...Create your custom UI (but remember no spaces or weird characters I would say to be on the safe side just alpha characters) in the UI folder then unzip the items you want into that folder you created...After that, we need to create the Eq2.ini file, go to C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II . Right click somewhere in the window, select "new", then select "Text Document" rename the new document to eq2.ini and hit enter. Click on yes when it tells you it may be unusable...Now open the eq2.ini file and insert the following text (replacing yourui with whatever you named your custom UI folder)
cl_ui_skinname yourui
cl_ui_subdir UI/
then select save...NOT Save As
After you've saved that I would recommend exiting everything. Run a defrag on your computer Start Button > Programs > Accesories > System Tools > Defrag...Once that's finished reboot your PC and load EQ2...If all that hasn't fixed it I would say it was a faulty video card. Hope this helps. Good luck and see you in the world of Norrath.