View Single Post
Unread 07-12-2014, 10:33 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

"Fetish Core" is what I decided to name my efforts to keep the Fetish UI updated. I wanted to make a clean distinction between it and the original work by Zonx; previously I was posting occasional updates as patches to the old install, but as time went on it just didnt make sense to keep things as a two-step process (downloading the original and then applying the patched files). There was also another person that was planning to work on some other things that was potentially going to use a different name, but that never panned out.

The downloads labeled "Fetish Nightfall" and uploaded by Zonx are out of date and no longer usable. "Fetish Core" is the full UI, but I intentionally do not include certain files for better future-compatibility; the windows use the layout the default game provides and get automatically reskinned to match the Fetish color scheme by the way the game's UI works. The main one is the persona/character/inventory window. SOE changes that window incredibly frequently and with little to no notice; by not including the file for it, when the default game updates it you're automatically using the new version (and it just gets reskinned to the fetish colors automatically by the game engine). Thats where the "Core" name came from, the fact that I'm maintaining the core functionality while trying to make it less tedious to use a custom UI with SOE's current UI update cycle.

tl;dr: To use Fetish, download the UI named Fetish Core (currently at version 12.5.1). All other versions are long out of date and will not work properly.

Last edited by lordebon : 07-12-2014 at 10:36 AM.