View Single Post
Unread 02-11-2005, 06:08 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Neriak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunthas
http://www.combatstats.com/forum/vie...asc&highlight=

That program you listed above specifically said he wasn't going to add in functionality to remove the ALT TAB Necessity because Moorgard told him it would violate the EULA.
Moorgard told him that he couldn't make a program that would paste the results into the chat window. That isn't what the poster in this thread is asking about - he just wants a window to show DPS. I don't think that is against the EULA, and in fact, it looks like Moorgard has indirectly stated that such a program would be okay.

Quote:
Manually pasting from the clipboard into the game is fine, of course. It's just the automated step that we can't support.
So, a window overlayed on the game view that only displays information gleaned from the log file in realtime, without interacting with the game window would not violate the EULA, and, if I have interpreted Moorgard's comment correctly, wouldn't be frowned upon at all by SOE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrosan
Just curious if anyone might be able to make a DPS parser window so that you don't have to tab out to check your DPS. I believe that the CombatStats parser developer has posted on his site to contact him if you know DX9 and would like to try and make an in-game version.
I would refrain from calling this tool an in-game utility. I'd call it something generic related to DirectX, and make it function for multiple applications. (ie, not EQ2 specific - make a browse button for the user to specify a logfile, not autodetecting the EQ2 logfile)

"A MMORPG logfile parsing utility to display your realtime DPS in a small window on a DirectX overlay surface."