View Single Post
Unread 09-03-2005, 11:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Chatting in Russian

I was wanting to use one of the UI's that I found here, but one feature that I've been unable to find is chatting in Cyrillic. I don't know what format/encoding they're using in the chat window, but I envision one of three ways (i.e. I don't know if it's easier -- or possible for that matter -- to use encoding for a browser ... cp-1251 or ASCII encoding... or ISO/MIME for use within email applications... or if maybe I could load with my UI a KOI8-R compatible font for chat and use that). Some of you guys seem to know alot about the Coding Pages so I'm pretty confident someone here will have my answer.

When I press my key combination to change my windows cp for my keyboard I see in the chat window of the game (even the default) it says what language I've changed to, but when I attempt to type in cyrillic presently all it reads is a bunch of question marks (???? ?? ?????). Any insights and input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Volshebny
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. George Bernard Shaw