View Single Post
Unread 10-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwieland View Post
Let me ask a few dumb questions if I may. Assume that you have a limit of five quests in the active quest window. Currently all five are displayed with the five last updates. You get a new active update, what happens? I can see a couple of possibilities -
1) scroll the earliest active quest off the screen.
2) scroll the latest active quest off the screen.
3) can you give the possibility of 'pinning' a quest to make sure that it never scrolls off?
4) can you give a way to sort the active quests by update time? Thus the latest updates are at the top of list?
5) Will there be a way to 'highlight' the latest update (i.e. change the font size and richness to bold 12 point, for example?)

Thanks for your time.
Unless I've misunderstood what Rothgar is planning, it is YOU that dictates which quests are "active" and tracked by the window. So if for some reason it has a limit of 5, then that's it. If you happen to get an update for a quest it's not tracking, it would not force any of the quests that you are tracking off. The only way that would happen is if you decided to track that quest (and assuming there was a limit, you'd have to stop tracking a different quest).

But from my understand the game at no point will decide to make you start tracking a quest and stop tracking an old quest (unless you complete a quest of course, at which point it stops tracking it since there are no more steps).