View Single Post
Unread 11-18-2005, 01:52 PM
EQII Developer
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Default Tinfoil hats required

* Hotbars resizing - we'll fix the issues or the feature won't make the live patch. Currently all the code is doing is changing the CellSize on the volumePage and the hotbar OnResize code kicks in (which I had debated against but decided it was preferable). I had to adjust a few other packsize/packlocation properties along the way. Pretty easy to learn from that to make all the other icons work (and if people like the feature, expect the default UI to do just that.)

* Version information - the point of the change is to top generating customer service calls for custom windows that don't work because of a change we made. Read the notes again and this thread.

If folks don't like the warning for minor changes (note, not on revision changes) it can be removed easily.

We already had code that checked the major version, we just didn't remember to use it often enough. That was a black/white choice. The new system gives us lots of greys.

* Loadui crash - Second on my list today. See below.

* UIBuilder - a new version of UI Builder is on the way to resolve the issue with templates not loading correctly. We are handling UI files different internally and the switch changed a byte in the UTF8 header that caused unintended results. We don't rebuild UIBuilder that often and a couple of issues are preventing me from pushing it. Top of the list today.

* Thanks for playing on Test!

(edit because links are hard)

Last edited by SOE_Bobble : 11-18-2005 at 02:37 PM.