View Single Post
Unread 12-31-2011, 12:58 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Instead of seeing myself if the old UI docs mention any of this stuff, I'll at least answer some things off the top of my head.

As I recall, the first XML node is the bottom-most. The last peer will be above its other peers.

XML files should have only one root level node, which is usually a Page in UI mods. Each child uses their parent's bounds as their local coordinates. So if the first Page is at 10,10 on the screen and the first child is at 10,10 for its local coordinates, it will appear at 20,20 on the screen. The entire UI is comprised of a parent/child relationship. Not just your UI file. The experience window is a child of the main hud... as can be seen in the filename.

To be honest, setting size and location programmatically isn't really what you should be doing to get resizing to work. The proper way is with the things in your first question. PackLocation and PackSize. You use these to describe to EQ2 how it should reposition or resize a child element when its parent resizes. For that you should really check the afore-mentioned manual as it has pictures and stuff.

OnShow happens when the element is shown but only if it was not shown previously. This could be while your character is still loading or any time... it's not when you're given control of your character. Or it could be never because the game considers the element always visible. Setting an element from Visible=true to Visible=true will not trigger the OnShow event.

Quote:
1st: What is the precise difference between Packsize absolut and prop?
Took me a few reads to understand this question due to the shortenings... absolute resizing means the element's size will always be the same numerical difference compared to the parent. Proportional means that an elements size will always be the same percentage in size compared to the parent. IE, the child is always 10px shorter than the parent, or the child is always 75% in size of the parent.

Last edited by EQAditu : 12-31-2011 at 01:05 AM.