View Single Post
Unread 08-01-2010, 09:59 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Everfrost
Default Bad news

I don't see any way what so ever that this could be good for the live servers, most likely it will kill them.

I see this becoming a game of haves and have-nots based soley on their fluid cash flow. At least the way it is now everyone that is willing to put forth the effort to level up and progress, then work hard to get good gear is on equal footing. I don't think that will be the case on the free to play servers and will lead to poorer overall experiance.

As for them being able to transfer from the free server to here....absolutely not! Its hard enough to find people who will take the time and effort to learn to play the toon and find out how to maximize it without the server being bombarded with one-day wonders. Right now if your wearing top gear then you likely have earned it. (Yes I know you can buy gear in a manner of speaking now, but you had to earn the plat in the first place.)

I do see how ever the need for SOE to make money, I do sorely wish that they would invest in Eq3 with completely redid game engine, instead of going to a free to play model. I feel that doing that would keep current customers, attract new ones, and keep the door open for a longer period of time.

As for the free to play.....there are a ton of them out there, most with much better game engines....whats the draw to SOE going to be?