View Single Post
Unread 02-16-2006, 04:21 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Ok, I really need feedback from anyone that has downloaded and tested.

I experimented with copying POIs direct from EQ2MAP and making a list from that. It's the west half of Antonica.

This has the benefit that it can be generated completely automatically and could rapidly fill all the maps. Just need to streamline my scripts a little more and I could theoretically make them all in one swoop.

The disadvantage is that the points are not sorted by quest. Also, since so many people submit POIs to EQ2MAP, there's really no standard format. And it becomes really obvious when you have something like:

2nd Channeling spire
First channeling spire
Spire #3

Multiply that by 200 POIs and you can really see what I mean. As tooltips, it's not that big of a deal, because you only see one at a time, but...

So, my current thought is that I could auto-generate lists for every zone, and as hand-written ones are submitted, have the huge script I'm going to have to make prefer the hand-written ones over the automatic ones. Does this sound logical? Are the automatic ones useful enough to justify putting in at all?

If Antonica is representative, I could cut 30-40% of the total length off of the page by dumping the MOB clusters. Are they useful enough to keep?

Thanks to anyone testing or submitting.

Edit: Oops, that was yesterday's version. Here's today's.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mapspoiler.zip (18.1 KB, 1290 views)
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'

Last edited by mother9987 : 02-16-2006 at 04:24 PM.