View Single Post
Unread 12-23-2012, 05:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Butcherblock
Send a message via AIM to necrose99 Send a message via MSN to necrose99 Send a message via Yahoo to necrose99 Send a message via Skype™ to necrose99

EQ2 Cartographer

a txt map ie a work in progress map ....

note cards batch POI's for ppl on the run.... take notes on beta or existing maps ,

eq1 the map tool is a tad too simplistic for eq2 but in its simplicity and use would be easy to emulate.... just send the /em start blckline to log etc....

as well if not as savy as the devs , the devs get a test map, to muddedl with , and can clean up , eq1 maps have dozens of programs to parse them , perhaps even inkscape, ...... or a DLL could be made......

Ideas .... rushing forth... I just see many ways perhaps Eq2 could get an easy EQ2 Cartographer tool and in many years the raw power it could have....

and gone would be the hard days of making maps for eq2 ...

I just see a possibly hear and atm its a royal Bit...#$% to make maps I've tried a few times...

In Ye olden EQ its too easy....

eq2 not so easy

IT administrator , ..... Inefficiency, Problem , how can it be solved .....
( ERROR EQ2 making maps can be teddious difficult even for skilled ppl let alone players with more modest skills.... this sucks.... fix it.... hmmmm )

but alas I can't program all that much.... I'm tossing ideas out because I can envision a day were eq2 has a really spectacular tool for taking down poi's quickly , easily and if a new zone is out , making a quick and dirty map to submit to devs and map editors and a map making team....

Optimizing server clusters, routers switches VPN , and programming that , Linux tuning , MS Servers Active Directory, that's my craft...

Programming in Perl java my dyslexic ass , has little , less its a template set of scripts....

I just See EQ2 Cartographer sensibilities as being a stellar add on to eq2 maps... and the tunnel vision of 3 years forward.... just the dev work I have some idea of what.... it'd take, however it gets done

I just see a far easier way than the current cumbersome tools by themselves are, an gui inside eq2 that pulls them in painlessly , nice....

I get that making maps in eq2 is currently not a easy task , but i could be far easier..... than currently it is...

I have tried to make some of my own eq2 maps it is painless under eq1 but eq2 Frustrating .....

hopefully me tossing out the idea of it may spark some useful discussions on putting a package together that acts as a Front end to the tools used by eq2maps makers , in a nice gui xml for in game map making with easier to use controls......

I just note the Ye olden Eq1 maps Cartographer tool is easy for starters....

2) its an interface that could easily be copied so thus a good many ppl are already familiar with it... perhaps easily emulated on who knows....

I just see a day were a new zone hits it could be far less painful that it is to make mpas for....

Perhaps others might have useful ideas towards a map building Front end etc...

I see sensibilities even within the current means of making maps ....

after all Linux has many GUI utilities , that use older command-line tools .

that being said , an XML GUI for even the most novice of eq2 player... to mark up some maps...

work within convention for now , or if some likes ideas and they wish to take them and run with them for this grander idea cool...

I just think their is a better way to do eq2 maps making that is easier...

since I cant do it propose it , I build networks , keep computers running , IT security.... but programming much isnt my skill or a strength...

ITs an Idea none the less would find useful built none the less how and if is up to eq2interface .... community I just see features bells whistles that could be added..... as time goes on...