Thread: Welcome Window
View Single Post
Unread 08-29-2010, 12:37 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Haven't seen any posts here on this in any forum, so figured I's spread what I found at the top of Page 3 of this link:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...opic_id=485509

Code:
In the eq2.ini file you want to keep this code (or add it):  cl_show_welcome_screen_on_startup 0.

At the top of the eq2ui_mainhud_welcome.xml, you will see this code (same as the previously mentioned technique)

<Page Activated="true" eq2opensound="ui_window_inventory_open" eq2usescomwndcontrols="false" IgnoreTab="false" Location="112,72" MaximumSize="1024,1024" Name="Welcome" PackLocation="center,center" ScrollExtent="820,600" Size="820,600" UserMovable="true" UserScrollable="false" version="2.0">

Change Name="Welcome" to Name="Welcome Screen".  This makes the EQ2.ini file command valid again and actually PREVENTS the freaking SOE Billboard from showing at all, even minutely.
I have tested this and can confirm if you copy the Welcome window from default to your custom UI folder and made the change the eq2.ini command will work, however it also causes the link from the start menu to not work to open the Welcome window as well as the keybind for the Window to not work either. I even tried a few variations of creating a macro button to open the window, no dice there either.

I tried changing the Name in the file to "WelcomeScreen" Still cannot load with command, however it will still block it from loading fine.

I tried changing the command in eq2.ini to "cl_show_welcome_on_startup 0" & fixing the file back to standard, the window still shows.

Anyone got any other ideas, now that we know we can block the window again without resizing it, we just need to find a way to still be able to toggle it.