View Single Post
Unread 07-22-2011, 09:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Nektulos
Question Same/similar situation here

I also am running Windows 7 x64. I also downloaded the program as it was more convenient to get the latest files since I had rebuilt my computer. I found the location of the installation was not the defualt "C:\Program Files (x86)" where most 32bit programs install to, nor was it in the "C:\Program Files" where it seems to place 64bit programs. Rather it placed it in "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II"

The problem I'm having is that in EQ2 Maps>Option, the Everquest 2 field expects the program to be "EverQuest2.exe". IF launched, it does not startup the Launchpad program that sets the proper logon interface. Instead it gives you a colorful, but simple block/DOS type interface to log in. The Logon info is filled in, however, it will not work. Launchpad HAS to be the starting program to start EverQuest2.exe or EQ2.exe. I set it to Autoload and that allows the selection of LaunchPad.exe and sometimes startes up as soon as EQ2 Maps completes the updates, but it's not consistant. Anything I'm missing or any workaround/fix available?