View Single Post
Unread 10-24-2004, 01:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I did some work with modding it a week or so ago but gave up on it due to stuff not working yet. For instance, if you load a skin while the game is running, your player window stops showing you and just shows some placeholder. Since you can't save your UI choice (which one to load on startup) yet, this means the only option is to edit the default one each time you run the patcher.

Anyway, my primary purpose was to change the chat font to Verdana because using a serif font was the stupidest thing they've done to date. In order for it to not be a series of unreadable blobs, you have to have it so large that the amount of text you can keep in a reasonable sized window is pointless. And even with 3 windows seperating stuff out and lots of text just turned off, there's still so much spam that anything that happened 10 lines ago is lost to the void so the more lines you can get per window and still be readable, the better.

Changing the chat font, btw, was super simple. It's just not worth it having to manually patch it in constantly.

It'll be the first thing I mod when the UI mod functionality is working right.