View Single Post
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
It's not EQ2MAP related, more likely a memory issue .
- Not likely. As nothing else installed on this machine has any problems, nor has EQ2 in the past 3-4 years. (also swap file =32GB reserved, 0 used [ever])

Quote:
What is your system like?
- Win7UE (SP1);
16GB DDR2 1600;
AMD Phenom x4 955;
Asus M3A78 Pro;
ATi EAH 6670 2gb GDDR5;
250GB & 750GB Seagate 'cuda sata-II drives;

Quote:
what rough level of settings you run EQ2 on - try bumping them down and see if that prevents the crash
- Any setting (all). Does not matter if I have it on absolute minimum everything and a tiny 1024x768, or set on my usual 8-light, shadows, high texture, high model, 1600x900. It still hangs loading the minimap part of the UI. Which, by the way, is the only added UI. Everything else is Default.
- And yes, I have rolled drivers back and updated, makes no difference.. Game still hangs on that "Fade-In" as it loads the map.

Quote:
The log you posted seems incomplete there should be a line above where the file failed to load with data outside the container tags.

- That's the entire contents of the file. No filenames, no line numbers, no element names.. Nothing.

Quote:
is it possible you have the updater pointing to another installation of eq2?

- Nope. I've never had more than one installation of EQ2, since it is fairly impossible to run more than one anyway. The installation is in the default \Public\ user folder as well.

Quote:
Don't see what this has to do with EQ2Maps nor EQ UI's its not a UI issue
- Really? So.. removing EQ2map UI and the game running fine, zoning between housing all day, then updating EQ2map and the 2nd time zoning it hangs on the "fade in" with a black map.. Nothing to do with EQ2map? Not exactly what logic is pointing to...

Quote:
If you admit to using any kind of custom UI SOE will always say it could be that (as they don't want to waste time on issues that could be caused by custom UIs, thus they ask you to use the default and see if it's repro-able)
- Yeah, I finally got that response after the 4th day of petition responses. Which is actually why I tried it (simply empty the EQ2MAP ui folder was enough). And, oddly, yep.. Game runs perfect without EQ2map. But.. no Map POI's etc makes for a seriously trying time when I run around DoV or SF..

Either way, if SOE changed something around Nov/Dec last year and didn't bother telling anyone, or it's something bum with the "blank zone" handler; it doesn't matter since SOE techs & devs won't talk to me about it, and don't see to give a squat as long as the game runs without someone else's stuff.