View Single Post
Unread 01-05-2013, 10:10 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavour View Post
ok, on the launchpad, i hit the tools on bottom, then validate assets (im guessing thats the file checkerk)..it took awhile to scan, but finished, said files up to date...
also deleted the mainhud browser in directory, re-ran profit updater and it put it back in. however, there still is NOT an mozzilla folder in directory.
launched the game......no change, still no browser, the same blank blueish page :-(
Ok I just deleted my mozila folder and ran the patcher. It indeed downloaded mozilla again. Make sure you do not have 2 installations of eq2 on your system. Sometimes people end up with 2 or more because they run the patcher and then the install program. Also if the game is installed into program files (x86) or program files windows may be preventing it from writing to that directory. Its recommended to put eq2 in a folder like c:\games\eq2 or something since windows (vista and windows 7/8) likes to protect programs installed into the program files and program files x86 directories unless the ACL is turned off.

to see if you have 2 installations of eq2 right click your desktop icon and select properties and see if its pointing to the same place that your profit updater is pointing to.