View Single Post
Unread 01-13-2013, 02:54 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

/loadui is somewhat broken. It loads the UI XML, but the initialization that happens at startup doesn't happen so much of the UI can end up broken. Normally the clean way to do it's to exit the game, edit eq2.ini to set the cl_ui_skinname setting to the UI you want to use and run the game again.

The keymap changing sounds like you changed keybindings in Options but never saved them. Then you either reloaded the keyboard map or did something that triggered the game to reload it, which threw away your configuration and reloaded it from the keyboard definition. You can create and save your own keyboard definition, but it involves editing files in the Keyboards and Layouts folders. What I did was made copies of the "eq2_keymap_United States.ini" and "EQ2_Default.cfg" files as "eq2_keymap_mine.ini" and "EQ2_mine.cfg", edited the .cfg so the name setting said Mine and the keymaps setting pointed to eq2_keymap_mine.ini, then went into game and used the drop-down on the Options dialog to change the keyboard definition to "Mine". Configure keys the way you want, then use /save_keymap to save them back into the keyboard definition file. After that anything that resets the keybindings should reset them to what you saved, not the game defaults.

The windowing-out behavior I've seen when the Windows key or Alt-Tab or something gets hit by accident. The "block Windows keys while full-screen" setting doesn't seem to catch all cases, I've got it turned on and this still happens to me.