View Single Post
Unread 03-21-2005, 01:03 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Maxham, it sounds like the auto-updater isn't getting the file list properly from the EQ2MAP website. I can't be sure whether it's a problem with the updater, the website or with your internet connection. Is the error message always exactly the same?

Colbalt, my best guess is you have managed to download a critical file during one of the major format transitions in the past couple days and have a file that's screwing up. Go to the following folder:
\EverQuest II\UI\EQ2MAP\eq2map
It should be packed full of XML files. Delete all of them and re-run the auto-updater. It won't take long to redownload because they're just small text files.

My best guess is you happened to patch and get an important file right as we were changing it. If what I suggested above doesn't work, try deleting everything in
\EverQuest II\UI\EQ2MAP
Meaning everything in that EQ2MAP folder, don't delete anything from your EQ2 main folder.

If that STILL doesn't work, then it's probably something I screwed up when updating our main map file and there's nothing wrong with your install.

Quib