View Single Post
Unread 03-20-2005, 06:48 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceSopher
This has happened to myself and another player I turned on to EQ2MAP today. After receiving the latest files update, upon zoning into EQ all 3d graphics are BLACK! hotkeys are there, chat window with text, but the rest of the screen is black! After a few moments (seems to vary) the eq2 client crashes completlely! My guild memeber has uninstalled eq2map and eq2 and is presently reinstalling eq2 from the original disks. I was hoping there may be an answer here, since the ONLY connection is that we are both running eq2map
Yes Tacoman this should be fixed now, and the updater is working fine. The issue was with the eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml file there was in include statement in that file that did not have a coresponding icon's file generated for it. Quib generated the icon file that was missing and after I re-ran the updater the issue that FlorenceSopher is describing went away.

Florence, You shouldhn't have to ever re-install EQ2 if an issue happens like this either uninstall the EQ2 Map Mod or go into your custom UI folder and delete the EQ2Map files the game should then self correct it self as it is using the Default UI's files.

Once the issue is fixed that caused the problem you can then re-install and re-run the EQ2MAP Updater.

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.