View Single Post
Unread 06-14-2013, 04:53 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacraed View Post
My question is: if I just uninstall the game rather than reset my laptop to factory settings, is there anything hidden that might perpetuate the UIs from hell?
All it should take to get rid of a messed-up custom UI folder is to delete the UI folder itself, delete your UI settings files (*_eq2_uisettings.xml), edit eq2.ini and change cl_ui_skinname to Default (or remove it entirely) and edit eq2_recent.ini and remove any cl_ui_skinname entries you find. Run the patcher and it should re-download the default UI files giving you a clean UI folder. Doing a Validate Game Assets from the launchpad options should clean up any other corruption if the game's still giving you problems with the default UI. You do, of course, lose all your UI layouts doing this, but it guarantees you start with a clean default UI and layout.

In the worst case you can uninstall, delete the game install folder and anything left in it if the uninstall didn't completely delete it, and re-download the full game launchpad installer and reinstall. It should be possible to clear everything but the launchpad files from your game folder and let your existing launchpad re-download everything, but I'd have to poke around to see what needs to be left for the LP to function.