View Single Post
Unread 03-03-2005, 01:41 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quib
This is something I'd discourage probably. I know I'm personally uneasy enough about using executable files I get off of websites, but that one might update itself without me knowing would bug me even more.

I trust taco-man, but I'd be more worried about someone else modifying the auto-updater and posting it somewhere else on the internet and doing mischievious things. We'll need to slap a bunch of "if you didn't get this from eq2interface.com" warning everywhere we link the auto-updater. If the auto-updater had the power to update itself, a malicious version that grabs a really nasty executable and runs it could be bad news.

Quib
yes, i would never want to make it update itself for this specific reason.

also here is a quick look at adding in the html update notes thing. the style of text and stuff can be changed easily its just an html file. i just threw it together real quick to get an idea of what it will look like. in fact you can even see the actual html file at http://maps.eq2interface.com/updates.html

ok here is the picture you will have to ignore the tiling background, i havent changed the size yet.
Pictuer removed, since its so old.

Last edited by taco-man : 05-29-2005 at 04:56 PM.