View Single Post
Unread 03-03-2005, 12:07 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

- Auto-updater downloads an XML listing all the current files and their MD5s (I think this is what is occuring already).
** Yes that is what currently happens.

- Some files need to be flagged as download only if they don't exist. The window_*.xml files fit in this category, as will the zone connection maps after they're perfected. So the window_*.xml, image_*.xml and zones_*.xml files will only be downloaded if they don't exist on the user's computer.
** This will be easy to do.

- The checksum will compare all other XML files against those at the website, auto-generated and manually uploaded every time the auto-updater is used.
** Currently does this (of course the manual stuff isnt implemented yet though)

- DDS files will be downloaded if they don't exist.
** This will be easy to do.

- There will be a complete file check that will compare the checksums of the DDS files to make sure you have the newest. This will be suggested to be off (unless it happens to be ultra-fast).
** This will be easy to do. We will have to wait and see how long it takes to generate the md5 for the dds files.

- The first time the auto-updater is run (if there's no .cfg file present) automatically do a complete file check.
** Easy to do, i already have a function for writing the .cfg file for the first time if its not present.

You said you were working on a way for me to be able to upload the non-auto-generated files; how's that going? Also, I wanted to get the maps up for the Qeynos city areas (there's 58 icon page XML and I got them all auto-downloading, but some of them aren't viewable at maps.eq2interface.com because they lack an image for the map) how would I go about getting the JPG versions of the maps uploaded for use by the website?
** Ive made the part to upload the files and put the information in a database table, i just have to write some php to make an xml fille for my updater to read and write some code in my updater.