View Single Post
Unread 03-02-2005, 07:49 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Fallen Gate has it in the right spot, but FG seems to have forced Location values (as opposed to ones calculated by PHP). So the only ZONE icon in FG is in the right spot.

Would it be too taxing on the system to have it recalculate icon Locations every time you click generate XML? Since you click to generate anyway, it doesn't actually occur that often so it would actually add any real load to the server?

Also, when I view a POI that already calculated its Location value, does it recalculate it? If not can it be changed to do so? If we ever change the zonerect for a zone (which will happen every so often) or the pathfindlocation of an icon, it needs to be able to generate a new location value. If this value can't be made to be regenerated each time generate XML is clicked, can it at least be made to generate any time a specific POI is clicked on. I wouldn't mind going through and clicking each POI link (for a zone) if we need to change a zonerect.

And congratulations on UCI! I have a friend and a few acquaintances that go there. I'm at its reviled younger brother, UCR.

Quib