View Single Post
Unread 05-12-2015, 10:08 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone
Angry Does Profit bork the Launchpad?

Howdy! I've been away for a year, so I sat down and ran all my updates to ProfitUI and EQ2Maps, then started the game. The Launcher updated with new Altar of Malice art, but keeps bombing with a 404 error (in the Launcher's logfiles, WebRequestResponse.log shows https://lp.soe.com/eq2.2/live/?t=43190 is sending back a 404 error).

Thing is, I can run the Launcher from my Firefox browser and it gets me into the game Just Fine, which should indicate that firewall and AV is not an issue.

I've gone back and forth with customer service, and the most recent response says:
"Basically the game files borked due to profit UI, it makes changes to the game files and it seems like in your case it always made changes how the game runs. A re-install should have fixed it, however, since that did not work I suggest doing an uninstall of the games and all custome UI, then run a System Restore and then test the game."
Basically, I think this is a steaming pile of cow manure. After much back and forth, I uninstalled EVERY BIT of anything EQ2-related, defragged, rebooted, and did a clean install from a fresh setup downloaded from the EQ2 website. I STILL get the Launcher 404. Since then, I have reinstalled EQ2Maps and ProfitUI.

Can someone tell me definitively that ProfitUI does not mess with Launchpad, and why, so I can slap that answer with a wet mackerel across the chops?

Many thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Launchpad404.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	8241