View Single Post
Unread 02-05-2006, 02:59 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
A slideshow of pictures are supposed to be visible when you first create a new character.

Also just after launching the game SOE added a new SOE logo video that is still having issues with some video cards/settings.

The first issue could indeed be from the chat while zoning feature. (I'm wondering how many actually use that feature and if I should just remove it)

The second issue could be a video card or SOE issue as you stated in your first post.
Hehe, I came here to post my testing results today but I see you guys have already come to the same conclusion I did. I did indeed turn off chat while zoning and then started a new character. Sure enough I was able to see the movie again, so (at least) in my case that is where the problem stems from.
While I do enjoyed being able to see and use chat while zoning, I can live without it. To possibly help with a fix however - this problem occured with both the original drivers (what I am using now until EQ2 can fix the blackouts) and the New drivers (what I used before when I first posted this problem) for ATI AIW Radion 9800 pro (agp).