View Single Post
Unread 07-20-2010, 11:07 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaws View Post
Whatever this is, can we PUH-LEASE get some advanced click-casting for healers (ala the 'Clique' addon for that other game) or the ability for UI authors to create such a thing? I'm trying to migrate from such a game and I've been simply horrified at the method of healing. I feel like I've gone back in a time machine to EQ1 (which I did play but never had to heal in). I was thinking about writing a very long post last night but I think I'll hold off after seeing this. I was also thinking about re-rolling DPS just due to this, which is sad. I'm not trying to turn this into another game but I am trying to make my life easier, so that's where this is coming from

A few examples of click-casting combos (involving modifier keys + various mouse buttons):

Shift+Right button (pushed while the mouse is over someone's health bar) = Heal 1
Alt+Right button (pushed while the mouse is over someone's health bar) = Heal 2
Ctrl+Right button (pushed while the mouse is over someone's health bar) = EmergencyHeal 1
Ctrl+MiddleButton button (pushed while the mouse is over someone's health bar) = Buff 1
Ctrl+Button4 button (pushed while the mouse is over someone's health bar) = Cure 1

The modifier is pushed with the left hand simultaneous to the mouse button being pushed with the right hand and this cuts out the step of targeting (cutting out 1 user action per cast!) and was a huuuuuge advancement in my game, and that of so many healers. It also allowed us to focus our vision on the group health bars, which were at least more center screen than the action bars, which are usually at the bottom, resulting in slightly higher situational awareness.

Please? *sobs uncontrollably*

EDIT: I know some UI's have a few cast buttons next to health bars but that is just not the same thing (sorry :/).

EDIT 2: Oh, and health-bar fading when someone goes out of range. Thanks
I can't see how having to press a key on keyboard and click on the mouse is easier than just clicking the mouse on the quickcast buttons on ProfitUI in an area that is less than 1/2 inch from the health bar itself.

Silat

Last edited by TalTal : 07-20-2010 at 11:10 AM.