View Single Post
Unread 05-29-2005, 01:47 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Unhappy

ok im dumb

i tried and tried to follow the instructions on how to install this UI but im at wits end here everything i do results in ....nothing.... like as in like i have done nothing. my map window is still the same with the same ol maps and everything.

I need literaly a step by step instructions here is what i did

Current Install Steps:
Download the interface you wish to use Done eqmaps
Make a new folder with any name BUT with no spaces or special charaters (example: bobsui) in the UI folder that is inside your Everquest II directory.
made a folder inside the UI folder called mapui

Unzip the xml, dds, tga (dds,tga's must be in a images sub-folder) files into your newely created folder. Please make sure you dont have a folder inside of a folder when you do this. %\Everquest II\UI\bobsui\jillsui\*.xml (wrong) | %\Everquest II\UI\bobsui\*.xml (correct)
this paragraph is confusing first it says to put the files in different folders then is says dont so i have everything in my mapui folder atm

If you are going to use multiple interface peices just unzip all of them into the same folder. this is as confusing as the last statement

Go back to your Everquest II directory and create a new text file and put the following code inside of it:
Code:

cl_ui_skinname bobsui
cl_ui_subdir UI/

did this in a new .ini file and not a ini.txt

cl_ui_skinname mapui
cl_ui_subdir UI/mapui

Save the file as eq2.ini (make sure you dont save it as eq2.txt or eq2.ini.txt)
Load up Everquest II and your new interface should be working.

Same ole map window

Once they fix the /loadui command using custom interfaces will be ALOT easier and these steps will be updated.