View Single Post
Unread 02-29-2016, 04:57 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Shrinking Default UI

Hi,

I play on a 14" laptop with a screen resolution of 1366 x 768, which means EQ2 gets a bit of a cluttered feel. I tried using ProfitUI Maintained and the game refused to load. Kept crashing instead. I'm not too keen on trying the other UI sets because almost all of them are bloated with functions I don't need, which is the reason why the game kept crashing, I believe.

I've tried browsing through all the standalone mods as well, none fit my needs. I'm quite happy with the current default UI and would like to keep using it. However, I've been trying to create my own mods and I'm getting nowhere because the images don't scale, so instead of shrinking, they're getting cut off.

If someone could help create a set where I can shrink everything even more than currently possible by default, or even better, show me how to do it, I would appreciate it.

I've been using UIBuilder and Notepad++ on Windows 7.

Thanks,
Fea

Edit; So I continued trying to mess around and tried with the Threat window first, since it was the only thing that actually scales... seems like I can't modify it AT ALL, sizing cannot be changed whatsoever. I can't change max size or min size. The file shows that numbers have been changed but UIBuilder shows no changes. Same goes with font size in the Active Quest Helper. I am so lost, frustrated and confused right now.

Edit2; Turns out, the above edits don't work in UIBuilder, but works fine in the game. Go figure. Of course, I'm still having trouble with the nav bar (first thing I was working on)...

Last edited by Featherlight : 02-29-2016 at 07:58 AM.