View Single Post
Unread 03-08-2005, 01:45 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Ok, I finally figured out what you were talking about with OnActivate. I had never worked with that OnEvent, but I see how you're using it to basically press other buttons. I'm a little perplexed why you want to though. Like the close button; if you have another button sending a message to the close button... why not just make your button Visible=false the main Map page itself? Also, does OnActivate work in place of OnPress or along side it? Like, could a button have OnActivate and OnPress and they'd both work?

I understand what you're wanting with the minimizing, but wouldn't it be easier to have your own minimize button that performs its own actions?

I understand the includes within an included XML thing perfectly; don't worry about there being any confusion there, but why bother with including the 5 plugin XMLs in a child XML? It'd be more efficient to just include them all in the parent XML and make all the calls direcly from the main OnEvents.

Splitting up the mapborder is gonna have to be a no. Layering the border on top of the MapPage does this ugly thing of putting the tabs behind it at all times, so the current active tab isn't over it. Can't you just make a new border to go over the map when in MiniMap mode? Plus the mapborder was all combined in a previous request, so splitting it up again would be working backwards.

The plugin system (rather, just adding a handful of plugin slots) is a good idea. Using OnActivate to pass OnEvents along is brilliant (wish I had know about that, I've been using OnShow/OnHide).

Quib