View Single Post
Unread 03-06-2005, 05:11 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost
Default Request for changes to eq2map

Hey guys what up.. I have some ideas for you to chew on.. (Attached)

I have found, what I think is, a better way to plugin options into the EQ2Map project.. I have modded it so that you can have 4 "plugins" installed at one time.. Changes in EQ2UI_Mainhud_Map.xml are minimal for this.. 4 includes and 4 lines of script

I have also made some examples (Edit: not 100% done with any, but they all work well enough to install and check out)
There's 6 or 7 examples but they are not polished just wanted to get them in there to show some examples on using them and to test it..

I also implemented a minimap feature.. Changes for this are many.
Edit: I'm not 100% done with everything yet.. Still needs polish.. But it's in a good enough shape to be shown..

off hand I remember:

I had to move the Icons out of QM_Overlay into the MapPage and renamed it QM_Icons(So they could be dragged with it)
Had to change a lot of scripts in quite a few files for this.. (Under_ files)

I added two buttons to the titlebar for minimap feature.. Also had to add two windows to make a different style window when in mini-mode.. (Window frame and title bar needs to be on way top)

I changed the way the MapBorder works.. (Seperated into 2 windows(files) MapOverlay and MapUnderlay)

I changed the way QM_MinimizeButton and QM_RestoreButton worked so I could "press" them through my scripts..

I also added a MapImageOverlay.. I use this in one of the options to make the maps a little darker.. I don't like them so bright..

I'm sure you will rip it apart if you like it If you have any questions let me know..

Here's a jpg of the Minimap: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/a...tid=1652&stc=1

Edit: I don't know if this works with autoupdater at all.. I used latest download available when making it.. Should be installed over that..

I will polish it all up if you guys like it..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	927
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1652  
Attached Files
File Type: zip talyns_eq2map_changes.zip (37.1 KB, 350 views)

Last edited by Talyns : 03-06-2005 at 05:54 AM. Reason: moved a comma :p