View Single Post
Unread 10-10-2007, 01:37 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Everfrost
Send a message via AIM to Ghostwall
Post A question about modding your mod

First off let me just say that I love your Infocenter. I've been using it for quite some time now and it's been very useful.

I recall doing a quest with my guildies (I think it was probably the Speak as a Dragon quest) a long time ago and my guildmasters wife asked me how I had all the information so readily. I told her about your infocenter and the next thing I knew it was linked on the guild website and suggested to be mandatory for all leaders and officers.

Ok, on to my point. Since it seems that you no longer have an interest in updating the quest walkthroughs (no offense intended.. just stating it) I was wondering if you could expalin to me how to update them myself. Yes, I know how to change the notes sections. However, I was wanting to be able to update the quest walkthroughs you already have buttons for. There were several Signature quests and of course the SOD questline that did not have walkthroughs in place as of your last update and my guildies are starting to push on to those quests. I think they are trying to get most people through them before the Kunark expansion comes out.

Activating the buttons was easy and I made text files with the information in them. However, when I tried to use the infocenter in game there was no info in the text box when I'd click on the appropriate button. In my attempt to fix this I altered the signaturewt.xml file but then the infocenter simply wouldn't work at all. I don't make mods but I do understand programming.. not that there is any real coding involved here . I'm sure I could probably figure this out eventually but you could save me some time.

Thanks in advance,
Ghostwall 70 Ranger/Carpenter
Everfrost
Officer, Champions of Norrath

Oh yeah, I also edited the eq2_signaturewt_box.xml file
Attached Files
File Type: xml signaturewt.xml (5.3 KB, 743 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_signaturewt_box.xml (4.8 KB, 778 views)

Last edited by Ghostwall : 10-10-2007 at 01:21 PM. Reason: added info