View Single Post
Unread 10-28-2015, 11:25 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I agree about the maintenance status running in cycles. This is actually the second time I've been through this. You can get a sense of that by looking at the progression of names: ProfitUI, ProfitUI Reborn, and ProfitUI Maintained. Not sure what to call it this time. Return of the Son of ProfitUI perhaps?

Funny you should mention DarqUI. That's the first one I picked to test. I plan to try Fetish and Drums as well.

As I test other UIs, I learn more about what I like about ProfitUI. I see now that I favor space efficiency over just about anything else. ProfitUI strips away nearly all decorative features to reduce elements to the minimum usable size. Not much to look at, but it gets a lot of important information on the screen without getting in the way too much. That minimalism is exactly what I want.

So we will see what happens. If someone decides to take up the maintenance of ProfitUI, that would be good. If not, I'll keep using it until it breaks in a way I can't live with. In the meantime, I'll test other UIs so I'm ready either way.

-= Therendil =-