View Single Post
Unread 01-21-2008, 07:49 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Beta 1

I've tried this before and it didn't work, but figured I'd try it again in case something changed. However, I tried simply moving the offending xml's again and the results are.....strange.

I removed eq2ui_loginscene and I did get the default start-up loading screen, but it was off center, it was pushed over to the right and up a bit, and seemed to be the size of my in-game screen minus the letterbox I use (in other words, it was the size of my in-game view-port).

I also removed eq2ui_hud_zoneing to similar results. The default zoning screen did come up, but it too was pushed off to the right and up a bit, the same size as my view-port again.

Also, in addition to the default zoneing screen coming up, my UI DID stay visible during zoning. Well, some of it was indeed obscured by the zoning screen....this leads me to believe that I CAN indeed have it the way I'd like, having the default zoning layout AND the UI staying up. The reason I believe this to be possible is b/c the zoning and loading screens seem to be the size of my viewport, So, I need to figure out why the zoning and loading screens are loading off -center and if it's possible to align them with the letterbox. I keep almost all parts of my UI that are always visible in the letterbox and off the main screen, so if there is a way to align the loading/zoning screens w/ the letterbox, it could be done. Anyone know how to do that, or what's going wrong?

edit: Ok, after looking at what is going on a bit more, it seems that the loading screens aren't exactly the size of my viewport, but rather they seem to be a set size. I went and copied the default zoning xml file and added the line that allows me to move the zoneing screen, and while in there I noticed a line that determines the size of the image, and it was set to 1024x780, but that isn't the resolution I play at, but I imagine that it's just the default or something. Anywho....I also noticed that the reason the UI isn't visible while zoning is b/c the zoneing screen overlays it and the UI isn't visible through it. Just thought I'd throw my observations out there.....as a temporary fix I lowered the size of the zoning image so it fits perfectly within my viewport, but that's really the same as it was before.....also, what is the xml to center an image? is it alignment=center,center or something like that?

Last edited by teddyboy420 : 01-21-2008 at 11:02 PM.