Thread: Repeat button
View Single Post
Unread 04-04-2011, 12:05 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dechau View Post
Call it a bot if you want, I'm not looking for a way to get free and easy lvl's at all, I'm looking to make my repeats easy..

I'm making arrows and Shurikes for the broker fx, and to sit in front of my computer crafting for 4 hours straight is a bit boring I have to say, so its for that I want a solution..

Would it be illegal to make something so he can make the same thing over and over again while I eat or watch a movie or even sleep? And if so, why is it illegal?
Would be very easy for Soe to add a function where it removed the exp gained while being on repeat, and avoid ppl from lvl botting up on it..
Illegal, as in against the law, no. Illegal, as in against the ToS, yes. The ToS requires you to push or click a button to do an action. That is why the macro system in game will not reference another macro...it keeps you from making a loop. It specifically forbids mechanical or software means of automating gameplay.

There are exceptions however. A macro can fire 2 abilities and that is not against the ToS. They have been vague on duplexing software for multi-boxing as well. But even with those exceptions you still have to be present at the keyboard to perform any signifigant actions.

Silat