View Single Post
Unread 05-21-2006, 08:04 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

This is a quote from the official boards (I hope that's okay here) about this. I had the same problem until I followed these steps - not had it since.

-------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by FloridaFringe (here):

Reporting back with my final testing feedback. The following has worked for me over the past several days with no further complications. In other words, the keybinds are now saving between play sessions again. Here's what has worked for me and my friends on several different systems.

1. Log on and set your custom keybinds as desired.

2. Save your keybinds by typing /save_keymaps eq2_keymap_custom.ini

3. From within the Options menu select Other from the Keyboard Layout drop-down list.

4. Log off EQ2

5. Inside the Layout directory make a copy of the EQ2-OtherMode.cfg file and rename it to EQ2-CustomMode.cfg

6. Edit this new CFG file so that it reads as:

name=Custom

options=

uisettings=

colors=

keymaps=eq2_keymap_custom.ini

7. Edit the eq2_recent.ini file so that the following line is changed

to: cl_configuration_file EQ2-CustomMode.cfg

8. Log on and from within the Options menu select Custom from the Keyboard Layout drop-down list.

9. Confirm that the keybinds are working as desired.

10. Log off and reboot your computer.

11. Log back on and confirm that the keybinds are still working as desired.

Essentially you are telling EQ2 to load up the CustomMode.cfg file upon log-in and that file is telling EQ2 to load up the eq2_keymap_custom.ini file and that particular file is telling EQ2 how you want your keybinds set. So as you can see there's a lot more to loading and saving your custom keybinds than what was included in the recent patch notes. Apparently, you can't just simply use the new load / save command and expect all to be well. Instead you need to instruct the game on how to recognize your custom keybinds upon log-in so that you won't need to continually re-load them between sessions.
-------------------------------------------------