Unread 04-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Here is the reply I recieved.

Quote:
Hey, Tom. Thanks for sending this over.

That looks like a poor choice of april fools' joke from a first-time poster looking to stir people up, if you're asking me. I can't imagine that our CS folks would say anything bad about it.

What they'd do is bring it up to their their lead, who would bring it up at a live meeting before making policy statements. It's actually just a bit more professional around here, and not at all like the original poster describes. ("a big GM pow wow" between "idiots?") Gimme a break.

It just sounds like he dislikes GMs for some reason, which is a shame. Our GMs bust their asses to help make EQ2 a great service.

EQ2MAP is definitely a bit of a spoiler, and it's probably not the kind of thing we'd put in the default skin.

That doesn't change the fact that it's a really clever mod -- the kind we encourage. The last time I checked it doesn't hack the client or hurt anyone else's play. Like other mods that fit those rules, it's just fine.

That's why I use it on my home comp, my girlfriend has it on her laptop, and at least three other friends use it too.

Take care, and our thanks to the authors.

- Scott

Feel free to quote any or all of this if you like. The fact that we have an active, healthy modding community is very important to us, and we thank you for taking care of it.

____
Scott Hartsman
Senior Producer, EverQuest II
Sony Online Entertainment