View Single Post
Unread 03-26-2005, 04:12 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Beta 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
can you try running it again, or deleting the file and running it again?
Hehe way ahead of you, custom UI builder and beta tester here... already tried that with same result

In my experience when I have seen this happen on my machine and others it usually ends up turning out to be a corrupt data file on the server (SOE has found this to be the same problem on their autopatcher several times). Having the same reaction as when SOE had a corrupt data file for one of their early EQ2 beta voiceover packs.

The other possibility can come from the patcher itself... again SOE had the same problem with EQ1 and EQ2 patchers... What would happen is the patcher would try to write the data it was downloading across more than one stick of memory (even if they are good and all checks out). For some reason the SOE patcher would puke when this happened and would have the same result... download would stop at exact same point every time. If this is the problem there are obviously ways to correct it if this is the problem seeing as how SOE fixed it and many other pieces of auto-patching software dont run into this.

Not saying this is definately the problem but a good place to start. I realize your software is still in beta

Last edited by Talven81 : 03-26-2005 at 04:18 PM.