View Single Post
Unread 02-08-2005, 01:56 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
just to let you guys know, im planning on modifying my zonrect calculator to *hopefully* be able to take a direct copy and paste from the wonderful POI page from maps.eq2interface, plus the zonerect and then use it to generate the xml. It will most likely be this weekend because my week is gonna be pretty busy, and i haven't done any kind of thing like this before with vb.net so it will be a learning process for me at the same time
Instead of doing this i have an even better idea Assuming it's ok with Eloa i think i have a better idea. Since we have this wonderful website already and it is written in PHP why not....Make the thing generate the xml code for us
  • Since it was mentioned of keeping a database with all the MOBS, quests. ect. if one of the maps were ever changed and they needed a new zonerect, the zonerect for that map could be changed and then it would give us the updated xml code for all those places without haveing to use my calculator on each point. just to calculate the initial zonerect.
  • its easier to have the xml right there infront of you instead of having to use another program in between.
  • as Eloa put it PHP is fun!

I know enough php that i should be able to write the code myself to do this so i wouldnt be asking anyone else(like eloa) to do the work for me since i know everyone is busy updating the map locs and stuff and everyone *once* in a while would like to get some play time in for eq. I have to take a closer look at it but i think all i would need Eloa to do is make a way for quib to add/update the zonerect for each zone.