View Single Post
Unread 01-16-2008, 04:27 AM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

Haha, good one!

I don't think the next GU has been rolled out to test yet.

As far as the UI I'm working on, there really isn't much to show at this point.

My main goal for working on a new UI is basically to design what I think would be a good "Default" UI by today's standards. It's not meant to fill the needs of power users or raiders, but to be a good UI for beginner's as well as people who have been playing for awhile.

I have my own beefs with the existing default UI and I'm always thinking of things I'd like to see changed. So I decided the best thing to do to appease my inner-modder was to just create a new UI the way I'd like to see it.

I've never really liked how 'floaty' our UI seemed. Everything is a floating box and I don't feel like new users get a real sense of organization with the default layout. Its sort of like we're saying, here are a bunch of windows, throw them wherever you have space.

So what I'd like to see is a UI with some built-in structure to it. Unfortunately most of the existing hardcore users like their UI a specific way and don't want it changed. So my UI isn't really for them. However, I feel like new players would benefit from a UI with more structure, and once they've played long enough to learn the ropes, then they would probably feel safe switching to one of the many great custom UI's out there.

I just haven't had much time to work on it lately, and I'm trying to convince one of our artists to help me with some of the visual work in their spare time. Maybe when I get the basics stubbed out I can post some pictures.