View Single Post
Unread 06-04-2008, 05:53 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Vox
Default update on problem with displaying custom mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzoo View Post
ok...you got a couple of points wrong with how to install a custom UI.

Go to your "EverQuest2\UI" directory.

There will be a "Default" derectory.

If you just want to test out this one mod, then create a new directory in the UI folder. Call it "Custom" or something easy to remember.

Now copy your mod to this directory.

Now go back to the UI directory and go in to the default directory and find a file called eq2ui_custom.xml

Copy and paste this file in to your new "Custom" directory with your mod in it.

Now....open the eq2ui_custom.xml from your "Custom" directory and add in the include line to tell EQ2 about this extra mod
Code:
<include>eq2ui_custom_chatprompts.xml</include>
Now go to your main EQ2 directory and find the EQ2.ini file and open it up and change the skinname line so it reads
Code:
cl_ui_skinname Custom
The next time you run EQ2, this mod will be included.

Most are run by the /show_window Custom.Chatprompts command

I haven't had a look at it yet, so I don't know what it is supposed to do or how you want to run it (not that I am any good at custom windows )

Thanks for responding to my request for help. So I did exactly as you said (created Custom folder, added mod file, and added the line of code to eq2ui_custom file. Now I am getting the following error message:

Cannnot access eq2ui_custom.chatprompts xml file

It's there and I am not sure why it cannot open it. I also made sure the Custom folder is in UI directory for the French version. I also tried it with the Custom folder under the LP_REGION_EN_US UI directory, but that didn't work either.

If any one has ideas as to why EQ2 cannot access these files, please let me know. I figured it is something I am doing wrong.

Thanks.