View Single Post
Unread 06-02-2008, 08:01 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Vox
Unhappy problems displaying custom mod

Please help. I am working on a mod that helps ESL students develop conversational skills while playing EQ2 (research project). I have tried to trace all the posts that walk you through building and displaying a custom mod. Based upon what I have read, this is what I have done:
  1. created eq2.ini file pointing to custom directory under LP_EN_REGION_US (i have a french version but i play the english version)
  2. created a custom subdirectory under the UI default directory (English version)
  3. placed file in that directory and added the name of the file to the eq2ui.xml file before adding it to the custom directory as well
  4. once in game, i have tried to load the custom mod (/loadui custom.nameoffile)
  5. nothing happens, so i have tried other people's mods and i can load some of them
  6. the UI log says that it cannot load .xml file and that data is outside container

I don't know if it's my code since I don't have a container other than pages and tabs or if it's something else, esp. since some of the other mods don't load either.

Please help.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_chatprompts.xml (25.7 KB, 281 views)