View Single Post
Unread 03-09-2007, 01:56 AM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost
Arrow Version Numbers

On a totally different note from what most of the recent posters have been discussing, I would like to ask you to PLEASE start putting some type of version number on your files when you submit them.

I have used a lot of your mods for a long time, Darryl, and I really appreciate all the hard work that you have put into creating them. I was gone from EQ2 for a while, but when I came back to it, the very first thing I did was check to see which of your mods were still available because I remembered them as being the ones I could rely on to work the way I wanted them to work.

I realize that a lot of people who download your mods may not be like me in this, but I prefer to keep at least the last two or three versions until I am certain that they work right and that they work the way I want them to work. It's a real pain to get constant messages from my system asking if I want to over-write your files because they are all named the same thing.

Most modders seem to do this automatically, so I don't understand why you would object to doing so. In fact, I think I have seen some web sites that will not allow you to submit mods unless you have a version number on them, but my memory could be playing tricks on me.

So, once again, please put version numbers on your mod filenames when you submit them.