View Single Post
Unread 11-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfrodite View Post
HELP! I am trying to download this and I am having an issue. I click download, choose the Sony/EverquestII folder and it saves, but then I can't access the folder. I am getting an error message that Windows can't open the folder because access is denied. I am running Vista. The user I am logged in as has full acces to the Sony folders. What am I doing wrong???
Your account has admin access, but by default applications are not given admin access in Vista. When you are trying to extract to your folder EverQuest II folder (which I'd bet is in Program Files), your unzip program is running without admin access and thus cannot access there.

Create a temporary folder on your desktop and extract everything there. Then move everything inside that temporary folder (there should be 4 files and a folder) to your EQ2 folder -- if it asks if it's ok to merge or overwrite anything, say yes.

In the future and for those reading, I suggest installing EQ2 somewhere other than program files (the next time you have to install it). That prevents 99.99% of all 'access denied' issues in Vista.