View Single Post
Unread 08-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

My guess is that you're running into some hardcoding by rearranging the detriments (and most importantly not consistently changing the Effect# names along with the DynData). Normally detriments go (left to right) trauma, arcane, noxious, elemental, curse; you have them going trauma, noxious, elemental, arcane, curse.

So when the pet gets hit by noxious, it's lighting up the second icon, since you have moved it to the second spot in the XML, but showing the icon for arcane, which is normally in that slot. If you look at the default window code for the various detriments (and even in your code), the IconStyle for all the detriments is the same, IconStyles.effect (and that points to something that never gets used in that context, an icon of an orange downward explosion thing). The icon thus has to be hardcoded in to determine which detriment icon to show by which icon it is in the XML.

If you really want the icons to be in that nonstandard order (and admittedly I'd be curious why), something to try would be to change the names of the icons. In other words, on line 57 change the name to "Effect3" rather than "Effect2," since the game is most likely using that name parameter to determine which icon to show when it's active. Do that on 58 and 59 as well and my best bet is it'll work as desired then.