View Single Post
Unread 03-26-2007, 12:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Permafrost
Lightbulb very large text in quest journal

I figured this out in 5 mins, having the same issue myself, with playing EQ2 on my new 1080p 40" TV. Here's what to do:

1. Goto the UI folder, create a new folder called HDTV
2. Copy the UI\Default\eq2ui_commonelements.xml and UI\Default\eq2ui_journals_quest.xml files to the new UI\HDTV folder
3. Open UI\HDTV\eq2ui_commonelements.xml using Notepad, we need to locate the TreeView.Data.style node. You can find this by first searching for the Page node with Name="TreeView". Then within that node, you'll find a Namespace node with Name="data". And then find the TreeViewStyle node with Name="style". Mine looked like this:
Code:
<TreeViewStyle CellHeight="20" CellPadding="0,0"
 DefaultTextShadowStyle="/ShadowStylesNew.Drop.style"
 DefaultTextStyle="/TextStyles.Normal.NormalStyle"
 DisabledTextShadowStyle="/ShadowStylesNew.Drop.style"
 GridColor="#FFFFFF" ImageStyleChecked="checked"
 ImageStyleCollapsed="collapsed" ImageStyleExpanded="expanded"
 ImageStyleUnchecked="unchecked" Indentation="20" Name="style"
 SelectionColorBackground="#4A404A" SelectionColorRect="#4A404A"
 SelectionTextShadowStyle="/ShadowStylesNew.Drop.style"/>
4. Copy the entire TreeViewStyle node and paste it below the original node
5. Change the Name attribute of the newly pasted node from "style" to "verylargestyle"
6. Change the DefaultTextStyle node of the newly pasted node from "/TextStyles.Normal.NormalStyle" to "/TextStyles.VeryLarge.VeryLargeStyle"
7. Save the file, close Notepad (make sure it saves as UTF-8 !!!)
8. Open UI\HDTV\eq2ui_journals_quest.xml in Notepad, we need to locate the JournalsQuest.TabPages.Active.Before.QuestList.TreeView node. Mine looks like this:
Code:
<TreeView BackgroundColor="#000000" BackgroundOpacity="0.000"
 DataSourceContainer="QuestListDS" Location="10,10"
 MinimumScrollExtent="320,0" Name="TreeView" PackSize="absolute,absolute"
 PackSizeProp="0040/0001,0020/0001" ScrollExtent="320,119"
 SelectionAllowedMultiRow="false" ShowChecks="false" Size="320,119"
 Style="/CommonElements.TreeView.data.style"/>
9. Change the Style property from "/CommonElements.TreeView.data.style" to "/CommonElements.TreeView.data.verylargestyle"
10. Save the file, close Notepad (make sure it saves as UTF-8 !!!)
11. Open your EQ2.ini file in the Everquest II folder and add/or change these line:
Code:
cl_ui_skinname HDTV
cl_ui_subdir UI/
Start playing EQ2, bring up your journal/quest window, the text in the upper pane of the Active tab should look like this:

So what I did was just simply change what text style (font) is used for the TreeView control of the Active Journal window. Text styles are generally all defined in the UI\Default\eq2ui_textstyles.xml file. From there, SOE defined common elements and styles of things inside of UI\Default\eq2ui_commonelements.xml. So changing font sizes (in this case) is as simple as finding the correct nodes and changing their text style properties.

Now, armed with this knowledge, go ahead and change the lower pane of the active journal tab and try changing the text in the other tabs.