View Single Post
Unread 10-30-2012, 12:55 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
OK, question: are you using Chrome? It's got problems with Java, and doesn't do JNLP reliably. Firefox or IE will work.

The error you're getting is that it's got a mismatch between the host address it's trying to contact and the protocol it's trying to use (eg. an IPv6 address on a TCPv4 connection), and I can't imagine why that'd be happening. Unless you've got some sort of antivirus or web-proxy software running that's redirecting things oddly. Normally that wouldn't cause this error, though. It's definitely a question for Kaldran.
Hi and thanks for the reply , was away for a few days hence the delay.
I am using Firefox and I tried IE (9) which I hate anyway with a passion.
But I am wondering about my security suite, although I have been using it for quite a while. It is BT Netprotect Plus (I'm from UK) and this is provided by McAfee. I would not normally use McAfee but as this is provided as part of my BT subscription it seems a good idea (unless it is causing this).
I will turn it off and see if I can get Profit to load up for me and I will edit this post.

OK.... that didn't work but I only shut it down. Would I have to completely uninstall it to see if it worked?

Last edited by tenpigs : 10-30-2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: updating results