View Single Post
Unread 07-17-2010, 05:03 PM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Well, I came up with a really, really, really, REALLY ugly workaround for anyone who wants to continue using this while the server is down. Not going into painstaking detail here, please know what you're doing if you're going to attempt this.

Requirements:
Windows Powershell (I'm using the version included with 7 Pro, don't know anything about the older ones.)
wKillcx v1.0.1 (Utility for searching for and closing TCP connections from the command line, v1.0.0 has a bug that renders it useless for this workaround)

Make sure wkillcx.exe is in C:\ or somewhere else in your PATH variable.

Create a batch file C:\killeqj.bat with the following contents, the line is repeated since EQJ tries to connect twice:
Code:
wkillcx 70.173.98.65:13002
wkillcx 70.173.98.65:13002
Next create a text file with the following and save it as C:\killeqj.ps1
Code:
$i=0
Do{.\killeqj.bat; Start-Sleep -m 500}
while ($i=1)
Now, open Powershell (must have admin rights for this) and type cd\ to change the directory to C:\, then enter the following command:
Code:
.\killeqj.ps1
This will search for and close any connections to the offending server twice every half-second, pretty much eliminating the hanging. On my system there was no noticable slowdown or resource usage, wkillcx is written in assembly so it's pretty efficient.. but if there's a noticable slowdown, adjust the number after Start-Sleep to the desired number of milliseconds between repeats. It will loop endlessly and can be minimized to the background while you work, to stop the loop just press CTRL+C in the powershell window. You can start this script running at any point, doesn't matter if EQJ is running already or not.