Thread: Dyre Mockup
View Single Post
Unread 06-11-2007, 09:11 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: The Bazaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf View Post
looks real nice man. keep up the good work!
Indeed, I'll be watching this. Most all the interfaces seem to want to "fatten" things up or discombobulate the interface so that us ham-fisted clickies can't even click properly on tiny buttons which barely do what they're supposed to do. I like things clean and simple; things that do not get "in the way". It often seems as though an interface is put together for the edification of "looking at it" instead of playing the game from it.

Some suggestible items;
don't move "x" buttons around the screen. Although I have little love for M$soft they DID spend money to research how a basic interface should run. For all Windows, buttons to control the window are located in standard places. Please don't move those buttons just to "look different".

make click spots large enough to actually use. One peeve is the bank window where the autobank area is the size of a postage stamp for lilliputians. Same goes for the inventory window. Now, I can see the desire for brevity but one does not hare around the country with the inventory window open. One uses it for its purpose, then puts it away.

Yep, I'm rambling; I'll shut up now.