View Single Post
Unread 06-25-2006, 10:42 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

You should install the ThorUI AU application in C:\Program File\thorui
The UI files go in Ever Quest II\UI\thorui

That may be your first issue.
Next, be sure eq2map is set to know you are using thorui.
It should detect it automatically.

You can also setup ThorUI AU to automatically launch the eq2map updater then the eq2map updater can launch EQ2

Let me know if i didn't help at all and need to take another stab at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrain
Howdy all,

Well I just came back into playing EQ2 and downloaded the UI since this was the one I loved when I played almost a year ago... Here is my situation...

I downloaded the file, did the install and told the install to put the files as follows: c:..../sony/EverQuest II/ it did the install and created the thorui folder when I rean the program it installed a folder in the following location: c:..../sony/EverQuest II/UI/thorui What I am having a problem is that it has two (2) thorui folders each with a different set of files... I understand that one is for the updater and one is for the updated files or xml files.. But what happens is this.. I keep having to do a download from Sony each time I launch from the Thor UI Auto Updater... If I launch from EQ2MAP UpDater or from the EQ2.exe it goes right to where I left off..

Mind you I don't mind having to get some updates every now and then but 2 - 4 hours of updates is a joke...

I have turned off the update newer files as well so that it does not keep updating my mainhud-shutdow xml causing me to loose my settings...

Just looking for some help as to why this is happening.. I am getting to the point where I think I will have to uninstall the whole dang program and start all over again..

Peace,
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."