View Single Post
Unread 02-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

I would assume it's seeing the install actions as a virus.
I scanned all my previous files with Trend Micro, McAfee, and Norton because I didn't want to infect anyone. EQ2Interface also check all files before allowing them to be available to the public.

Overall, I'd recommend deleting the file and using the new version of ThorUI AU (I can't imagine it would be usable with all the SOE interface changes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade2074
I know the one that is highlighted is old, but I thought there was some more recent ones in there too. I've obviously been using ThorUI for quite a long time (after all I do very much enjoy the interface).

This is however a new virus scanner and the results of the virus scan weren't what I was expecting. I know that you can sometimes get false positives and I had suspected that this may be the case here which is why I brought it up. I download all my files from here on this web site (honestly I wouldn't trust any other). I was just wondering if you had seen this come up before.

It seems you haven't though which is a bit concerning to me. My understanding is that the virus scanner I now have (kaspersky) is somewhat popular - I was told its very good as well - though I know that no scanner is perfect. I suppose it is possible it could have been infected after the fact, but honestly I've never had any problems before and I don't download from any questionable sites. I also know though that sometimes even the nicest people with the best intentions could have unexpected things pop up on them which is the other reason I bring it up - just to make you aware that I did get these results. I figured it wouldn't hurt to double check right?

This very well could be an algorithm misinterpreting the down loader.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."